Friday, February 12, 2016

Review: Adjournment by Emersyn Vallis



When I chose to leave home I knew what I was giving up. I knew I was walking away from life as I knew it and the plans that we had made. 
We…us…him and I…
It’s funny to think of him in a different light…or life.
That’s what it feels like, a lifetime ago.
But I’m a different person now. I have rules and goals. And if it wasn’t for my parents' vow renewal I would have successfully evaded him for the rest of my life. This is not by choice, I can tell you that.
I just need to focus and remember the key to this weekend is avoidance…and alcohol. But if anyone can pull that off it’s me, Sidney Chandler, queen of avoiding anything that will make me feel.
It’s just one weekend, right?
One very long weekend with my family…friends…my sisters and me…together, and our nemeses, the McAllister triplets.
What could possibly go wrong?
Everything.
They say you never forget your first love, now just imagine how hard it is to forget your only.
This is going to suck.
 


My Review:

4 Stars

From reading the blurb I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The whole gist of the story is all about Fate, second chances and being yourself-no matter what others may think.

Ten years ago, Sidney had her heart broken. She decides to follow her dream of being a makeup artist and distances herself from the man her broke her heart. And her family as well.

Sidney has a new life in New York that she loves. She loves her roommate, her job, her life. She is in control now. But Fate intervenes and she has to return to the Hamptons for her parents wedding anniversary. And face him. Simon. Her past. And she finds out that the girl she used to be never really left.

The chemistry between Sidney and Simon is really great. I love her relationship with her older twin sisters, Morgan and Molly. Jacob is such a fun character. But I really enjoyed her grandmother. She is a riot.

This book has a lot of fun snark, a pretty good storyline and the characters are really brought to life. I'm looking forward to reading book two!

Goodreads

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment